Look-I grew up in South Florida and love me a good bagel—what I don’t love is the almost 60g of carbs that come with it! (Einstein’s Everything Bagel via their website).
I found this recipe while searching for fun things to cook in my air fryer, and with only 2 ingredients, I had to give it a go!
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (drain any liquid)
1 egg (for egg wash-optional)
seasonings if desired (I used Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning)
- Combine yogurt and flour to make a tacky dough.
- Flour workspace and roll dough into a ball.
- Cut into 4 equal parts.
- Shape each part into bagel shape.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle seasonings on top.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 330 and bake for 10 minutes.
Note: If you don’t have an air fryer, these can be made in the oven, but the cook time will be closer to 20-25 minutes.
Now, the all important stats—this bagel comes out at 146 calories vs. Einstein’s 280. It’s carb count is 26g vs. 56g from E.B. everything bagel. Protein wise, they are about the same.
Try them and let me know what you think!